Wednesday 28 November 2012

Film Certificates - PG

PG stands for Parental Guidance
The PG film certificate is generally for everyone but as it's above U, there would be inevitably some scenes that may not be suitable for children. Despite this, most famous family films are PG and the scenes that may not be suitable for children are generally kept to a minimum.
     Unlike the U certificate, there can be small indications of adult humor and language as this movie is for ages 8 and over.
     Despite this, horror and violence scene may not be explicit especially horror scenes as it may affect the child's future. To summarize, the use of horror and violence must be moderate.     The use of weapons should also be kept to a minimum as it may give children the wrong idea and having a gun in a scene may make the children believe it's okay to own a gun in the future and thus manipulate children minds.                                                       
     There can be natural nudity, but none that give an indication of a sexual scene and any references to sex must be mild.

    As this certificate can be watched by ages eight and over, it's really the parent or guardians decision whether their child will be able to watch it or whether the content may upset their young children.
 
Star Wars is another PG rated movie but it does include
some scenes that may not be deemed for children
that can get easily upset but that depends on the
parent or caregivers decision.


Examples of PG Movies:
Alvin and the Chipmunks is a PG and will be seen as acceptable for ages eight .




Should I use this certificate for my movie?
I Believe that the PG certificate will restrict my movie to what I would like to do as my action scene will still be too violent for a child audience and so I think that this certificate is still not right for me and my movie, Moreover the language used in my movie may be deemed as inappropriate for a movie that is PG.

No comments:

Post a Comment