Tuesday 4 December 2012

Font Research

One specific similarity I have identified is the font and how films from the same genre have similar font. In this post, I will be looking at similar genre films to mine and comparing fonts. Below are three movies that are similar to my urban-action movie.

Shaun of the Dead Poster

The three movie I have identified are Green Street, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz which are most similar to mine. The first thing I identify in all of the movies is the use of the colour red which suggests that red is the colour that is best associated with urban/action/horror type genres. Moreover all three movies show quite explicit scenes of blood which is something else that the colour red denotes.
    All of the movies have a similar bold font. Furthermore, when looking at green street and shaun of the dead, both title look quite battered which may show that this movie contains action.

I believe that the font of my title must be red to denote violence and should be bold because all the fonts for these movies are bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment